Reeseville Public Library
ELIGIBILITY TO BORROW LIBRARY MATERIALS:
- In order to borrow materials, patrons must have a valid library card from the Reeseville Public Library or from any of the Monarch Library system libraries.
- Patrons shall be linked by household, using address.
- Households with fines exceeding $2.00 may not check out items.
Library Card Registration:
Individuals with a library card from another Monarch library will not be issued a new card. However, if they have relocated to the Reeseville area, their record will be updated to indiate that Reeseville is their library.
A library card may be issued to individuals who present proper identification, as follows:
Individuals 18 years of age or older:
- A valid Wisconsin driver’s license or Wisconsin state ID with a current address.
If the Driver’s License does not have a current address we will accept the Driver’s License plus
- a residential lease
- property tax bill
- bank statement
- check or document by a Wisconsin Government unit
- a utility bill
- a university, college or technical college ID.
The proof of residence provided must contain a complete name, currrent and complete residential address and be no more than 90 days old.
- A valid driver’s license from any state plus one of the above will also be accepted.
Individuals under the age of 18:
- parent/guardian’s driver’s license and current address as above
- a guardian/parental signature.
Valid identification will be verified by the library staff at the time of application. This number will be recorded on the paper application, but not incorporated into POLARIS.
In addition to proper ID, the following information must be provided:
- Phone number
- Township (if the individual lives outside of the city limits)
- Date of birth
- Signature witnessed by the library staff
Library Card Replacement:
- Patrons will not be charged for replacement of library cards due to a name change.
- Patrons will be charged $1.00 for replacement of lost or damaged library cards.
- Found library cards will not be reactivated.
- Patrons may borrow materials directly from the Reeseville Public Library,
- They may also place a hold on materials from other libraries using online catalogs. These items will be delivered to the Reeseville Public Library.
- Patrons may place their own holds for materials in the Monarch online catalog through the library website. Please ask the staff if you need assistance.
- Or they may place holds through the library staff – in person or over the phone – for Monarch materials.
- Requests for materials from other online catalogs need to be submitted to the library staff using the Outerlibrary Loan Request Form.
- Patrons will be notified by telephone, text or email when the materials are at the library.
- Available items will be held for 7 days. Items not picked up by that date will be sent on to the appropriate library.
- Patrons must pick up their own hold items using their card unless the patron has signed an agreement to allow another person to pick up their holds. That person may pick up the holds but must present the library card of the patron for whom the hold was placed.
- Reeseville Public Library has three
basic loan periods.
- Be aware that loan periods vary from library to library.
28 Day Circulation
Books in print (except new fiction)
14 Day Circulation
New fiction books in print
DVD Non Feature Films
Compact Discs (Music)
7 Day Circulation
DVD Feature Films
- Materials may be renewed twice if there are no holds on these items.
- Only fiveDVDs may be checked out by a household at one time.
- There is no limit on other materials.
Monarch notifies patrons by phone, text or email one week before items are due and the day items are due. A final notice will be mailed by Monarch if the item is four weeks overdue. After four weeks overdue, the item is considered lost. Fines will accrue up to $10.00 for all items.
Fines and Fees:
- Be aware that these fees vary from library to library.
- Staff discretion may be used to reduce overdue fines due to extenuating circumstances.
§ Most overdue materials: $ .10 per day per item
- DVDs: $1.00 per day per item
Damaged or Lost Material:
Patrons will be charged the current replacement cost for materials damaged or lost while checked out on their patron record. Further, a processing fee ranging from $2.00 to $5.00 will be assessed based upon severity of damages. This processing fee is in addition to the replacement costs and will help defray staff costs in ordering, repairing and processing damaged or lost materials.
If an item is damaged to the extent that it cannot be circulated, the patron may have the item once it is paid for. The library will keep these damaged items for 60 days and then dispose of them.
If an item price is not stated in the item catalog record, the patron will be charged as follows:
- Hardcover book: $25.00
- Paperback: $ 5.00
- Magazine: $ 3.00
- Music CD: $19.00
- Movies (DVD or VHS): $30.00
- Audio book: $ 5.00 per CD or cassette tape
- Lost CD booklet $ 5.00
Refunds (minus the processing fee) shall only be granted for material owned by the Reeseville Library and that is returned within 60 days of the date the patron was charged for the item.
Print or copy: $ .15 per side black and white
$ .25 per side color
$1.00 per side for photos
Faxes: $1.00 per page (incoming and outgoing)
Approved by the Reeseville Public Library Board of Trustees on this 11th day of September, 2018.